Goat Cheese, Red Pepper and Basil Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 small, ripe tomatoes
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons dry, seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Slice 1/2 inch off the tops off of the tomatoes and remove seeds.
- Combine the goat cheese, red peppers, basil, bread crumbs and pine nuts in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spoon cheese mixture into tomatoes and place upright in prepared baking dish.
- Top each tomato with Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake tomatoes for 20-30 minutes, until heated through and tops are beginning to brown.
- Serves 4.