Baked Butternut Squash with Maple and Cinnamon
- 1 medium butternut squash, about 2 pounds
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease an 8x11 inch baking dish.
- Peel butternut squash, remove seeds and cut into 1-inch pieces; transfer to prepared dish.
- Combine sherry, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle over squash and toss to coat.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour.
- Remove foil from pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until tender.
- Serves 4.
Tip: Use any combination of fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme and sage work well.