Two Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho baking potatoes, about 3 large, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Combine potatoes, cream, cheddar cheese, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared baking dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour; remove foil and continue baking 10-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4-6.