Lemon Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice, preferably converted
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir well, coating each grain with oil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serves 6.