- 8 large green peppers
- 8 large red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbls. Dried oregano crushed
- 1 Tbls. Dried basil crushed
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- Place peppers on a broiler pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat.
- Turn peppers to expose all skin surfaces and broil until charred all over. Place peppers in a paper bag, close tightly.
- Allow peppers to cool, then peel and slice in wedges and place in a bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, oregano, basil and salt. Pour the mixture over the peppers and mix gently.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Arrange peppers and marinade in 4 decorative 2-cup containers. Store in refrigerator. Keeps 4 weeks.
- Makes 8 cups.