Easy Minestrone Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (14.5oz) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14oz) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 Parmesan rind
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry tubetti pasta or other small pasta
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and chili flakes.
- Cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, broth, Parmesan rind, rosemary and pasta.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove Parmesan rind and rosemary sprig.
- Stir in spinach and simmer until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with grated Parmesan and basil.
- Serves 6.