Texas Style Chili
- 3-1/2 pounds Jungle Jim’s Homemade Mexican Chorizo
- 1/4 cup Salad Oil
- 2 cups Chopped Onion
- 3 medium Green Peppers-diced
- 2-8 oz. cans Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cheese for Garnish
- Brown meat in oil in Dutch oven, remove to bowl and set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup onions-cover-set aside.
- Add remaining onions, peppers, and garlic to drippings in pan over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more oil if necessary.
- Return meat to pan, add tomatoes and their liquid and remaining ingredients, except cheese and onions. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until meat is fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chili into large bowl, sprinkle cheese on top for garnish. Pass reserved onion to sprinkle over each serving.
- Serves 12.