Shrimp & Vegetables with Red Curry Sauce
- 1 can (13-14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- Dry roasted peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh lime wedges, for garnish
- Whisk the coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce in a bowl until combined; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until very hot. Add the vegetable oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add zucchini and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in shrimp and simmer 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is just cooked through.
- Serve over rice and garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
- Serves 4.