- 1 1/2 lbs. halibut fillets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a pot, place over medium heat and boil until reduced to a thin syrup.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer, discard the cooked ingredients in the strainer and chill the syrup.
- Place the fillets in a baking dish and spoon some syrup over them.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cook the halibut on a hot grill, basting with a teaspoon of barbeque syrup on each side.