Baked Cod with Creamy Mustard Dill Sauce
- 4 cod fillets, about 1-1/2 pounds
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Grease an 8x11 inch baking dish.
- Thaw cod if frozen and pat dry.
- Arrange fish in prepared baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine sour cream, mustard, dill, onion and wine in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread sauce evenly over fish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, until fish flakes easily when pressed and top is golden.
- Serves 4.
Tip: Substitute 2-3 teaspoons dried dill weed for the fresh dill.