- 2 large Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- Combine ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until mixture is thick and liquid is syrupy, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool; cover and refrigerate.
- Makes 1 and 1/2 cups.
Tip: Serve this chutney over grilled or roasted pork, chicken or seafood.