Blue Cheese, Rosemary Walnut Butter for Grilled Steaks
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease an 8x11 inch baking dish.
- Combine blue cheese, butter, rosemary, scallions, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- Serves 6 as a topping for grilled steak.
- To serve: Season steaks of your choice heavily with salt and pepper.
- Grill to desired doneness and top with a dollop of Blue Cheese, Rosemary Walnut Butter as steaks come off the grill.
Tip: Use any combination of fresh herbs – rosemary, thyme and sage work well.