Shitake Bacon & Morbier Patty Melt on Portuguese Roll
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 12 Slices of Bacon
- 12 small fresh Shitake Mushroom Caps (stems removed)
- 1 lb Morbier Cheese shredded
- 4 fresh Portuguese Rolls
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- In a large pan cook the bacon until nicely crisp.
- Remove from the rendered fat and set aside.
- Over a medium heat add the shitake mushroom caps to the rendered bacon fat and cook until nicely brown and crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
- Now drain the pan of bacon fat but do not wipe out completely.
- Assemble your sandwiches by adding 1/4 lb of the Morbier divided on each side of a split Portuguese Roll.
- Add the 3 slices of crisp bacon and 3 mushroom caps, close em up and get ready to grill.
- Preheat your pan over a medium heat, add the butter and melt it completely.
- Add the sandwiches and grill them until golden brown and melted.