Prosciutto & French Munster on English Muffin Monte Cristo
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 4 eggs cracked and beaten and placed into a shallow bowl
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 lb of Munster Haxaire
- 4 thin slices of Prosciutto roughly chopped into ribbons
- 4 large English Muffins sliced open not fork split!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine the egg and milk together whisking vigorously until well combined.
- Season with Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- Make 4 sandwiches splitting the cheese and prosciutto evenly among the 4 sliced open English Muffins.
- Using a few toothpicks stick 3 picks into each sandwich keeping them together.
- Dip the sandwiches into the egg and milk mixture being sure that each sandwich is well soaked but not overly soggy.
- Over a medium heat melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a large heavy skillet.
- Griddle the egg soaked English Muffin Sandwiches for a few minutes on each side and transfer to a parchment lined pan and bake in the preheated oven for 3-4 minutes. The cheese will be very melty!
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and serve immediately.