Gruyere Sage & Grainy Mustard on Inverted Baguette
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 1/2 of a good crusty baguette
- 3/4 lb Gruyere or Comte cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large fresh sage leaves
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise then cut in half to make 4 slices
- Take the bread and turn it inside out so that the cut side is facing out.
- Use the outside of the bread to spread grainy mustard onto evenly.
- Cut the cheese into 1/8 inch slabs and form two sandwiches.
- Chop the sage roughly and sprinkle into the sandwiches.
- Grill the sandwiches in melted butter until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is nicely melted and oozing out.
- The inverted baguette will brown nicely and still have a great crunch!