Grilled Chevre & Fresh Strawberry on Brioche
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 1 loaf of Brioche Bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cultured butter
- 1 pound fresh goat’s milk chevre
- 1 pint fresh picked strawberries
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Cut the brioche loaf into eight thick slices about three quarters of an inch thick.
- Spread about an eighth of a pound of the fresh chevre onto each of the eight slices of bread.
- Slice the strawberries into even thick slices, about four slices for each berry.
- Divide the strawberry slices into four equal amounts and place atop of the four of the chevre covered bread slices.
- Complete the sandwiches with the remaining bread so that the chevre sandwiches the strawberries on each side.
- On one large or two medium oven safe fry pans, melt the cultured butter until it just starts to foam.
- Place the sandwiches on the pan and toast gently.
- Flip the sandwiches after a few minutes or as soon as the brioche turns a deep golden brown.
- Toast the remaining side for slightly less time and place the pan(s) into the preheated oven.
- After a few minutes in the oven, check to see if the cheese is melted and serve immediately.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.