Gouda with Bacon Pecan Honey Coating
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 3/4 lb of Aged Gouda
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarsely cracked black pepper
- 4 crisped strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 4 tablespoons of crushed roasted pecans
- 8 slices of hearty multigrain bread
- In the bowl of a mixer affixed with the paddle attachment combine the shredded gouda, cream cheese and fresh coarsely cracked black pepper.
- Once the mixture is nicely combined spread an equal amount on 4 pieces of the multigrain flax bread and top with remaining slices of bread to make 4 sandwiches.
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foaming and griddle the 4 sandwiches until nicely crisped and browned on each side, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the sandwiches onto a sheet pan with a wire rack and into the preheated oven.
- Using the same pan pour in the honey and heat until very thin.
- Add the bacon bits and crushed roasted pecans and stir to combine.
- To serve spoon an equal amount of the honey bacon pecan mixture atop each grilled cheese and eat with a fork and knife.