Black Diamond Cheddar with Fresh Mascarpone & Tuscan Kale on Ciabatta
(Chef Jason Sobocinski)
- 1 large bunch (8-10 leaves) Tuscan Kale washed, stems and ribs removed and cut very thinly into ribbons
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups shredded Black Diamond Cheddar shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- 4 thick slices ciabatta bread or any crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place the kale, mascarpone and cheddar into the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment and beat until roughly incorporated.
- Season with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper and freshly grated nutmeg optional to taste.
- Spread onto 4 slices of the ciabatta bread evenly and top with remaining slices to create 4 sandwiches.
- Melt the 2-3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large heavy skillet and griddle the sandwiches until golden brown.
- Put them into the preheated until you can see the cheese mixture start to melt, 4-5 minutes.
- Allow the sandwiches to rest for a few minutes then serve.