Oriental Ramen Slaw
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3-ounce) package chicken ramen noodles, seasoning packet discarded
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded, about 14 ounces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to create a dressing.
- Break up ramen noodles and place on baking sheet with sesame seeds and almonds in a single layer. Bake 5-10 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, red bell pepper, green onions and ramen mixture. Pour dressing over, and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.