Fresh Fruit Salad with Spiced Syrup
- Mixed cut fruit to serve 4
(peaches, blueberries, honeydew, watermelon, etc.)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-inch piece of fresh peeled ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Combine ingredients in a small, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced by about 1/2 (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate until ready to drizzle over fruit and serve.
- Makes about 1/2 cup, serves 4.