Antipasto in a Jar
- Mozzarella balls: a dozen or so mini balls
- 8 ozs cheddar cheese cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chunked up
- 4 oz small whole mushrooms, or large ones sliced
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- Handful of shredded or sliced carrots
- 1 cup olives
- Couple celery ribs, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- Diced proscuitto, pepperoni sticks, salami, etc.
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes or 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Italian seasoning to taste, start with 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Several splashes of red wine vinegar
- Olive oil to cover
- Mix cheese, vegetables and proscuitto together.
- Sprinkle on herbs and spices. Stir well. Add just enough oil to cover ingredients.
- Mix well and taste. Adjust seasonings.
- When ready to give, pour into pretty jar, and add more oil to cover if necessary.
- Make up the gift and give within a day, and note on the gift tag that the antipasto should be kept in the refrigerator.