- 4 squab, about 1lb each, washed, dried and trimmed of fat
- 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbl Minced Shallots
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 teas Sugar
- 2 teas Olive Oil
- 1 teas Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teas Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Grill the split hens for 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Place each squab on its back on the cutting board. With a sharp knife or poultry shears, split the bird in half through the breastbone. Cut out the backbone.
- In a shallow, non-aluminum dish, mix remaining ingredients. Add the squab, turn to coat evenly, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours or over night.
- Drain the squab and reserve the marinade.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill and grill the squab for about 6 minutes.
- Baste once with reserved marinade; discard the marinade.
- Turn and cook for about 6 minutes longer, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.