Roast Pheasant with Horseradish Sauce
- One young pheasant
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- 2/3 cup cream
- Rub cavity of bird with salt.
- Shape or plump bird. Place bird breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover breast of bird with strips of bacon.
- Roast uncovered in a 350- degree oven for approximately 1 hour.
- Stir cream and horseradish together and pour over bird.
- Stir horseradish sauce into pan juices and baste bird frequently.
- Continue roasting for 15 minutes longer. Serve sauce with pheasant.