Thai Coconut Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine garlic, chili pepper, ginger, cilantro, lime zest and juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in a food processor and pulse several times to chop.
- Add coconut milk and pulse to combine.
- Set sauce aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add chicken and sauté until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Add sauce to pan and simmer until thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
- Serves 4.