- 3 Whole Chicken Breast, cut in half
- Butter and Oil for sautéing
- 2/3 cup Dry White Wine
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped Shallots
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon-style Mustard
- Salt & fresh ground Pepper to taste
- Pound the chicken breasts slightly between two pieces of wax paper.
- Heat butter and oil, add chicken and sauté until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside in a warm place.
- Pour off fat (degrease). Deglaze pan with wine and reduce by half.
- Add the chopped shallots and 3/4 cup of heavy cream and reduce until thickened.
- Dilute mustard with remaining heavy cream and add to the sauce.
- Pour in any juices that have collected on the plate from the reserved chicken.
- Heat through but do not boil. Place chicken on serving platter and nap the sauce.
- Serves 6.