Spaghetti with Mushroom Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and blend it in. Slowly add the milk and cream, stirring continuously, and cook until the mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir in the wine and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at once over hot pasta.
- Serves 4.