Pasta with Arrabbiata Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (28-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 12 ounces dry pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan; add onion, garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes to soften onion.
- Add tomatoes, red wine, salt and pepper and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to pureé half of sauce, if desired. Stir in basil.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Serves 4-6.