Whole Wheat Pasta with Beans and Greens (Rita Heikenfeld)
- 1 pound any short whole wheat pasta, boiled
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cans 14.5 oz each, diced tomatoes, low sodium
- 2-3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cans beans, drained: (choose your favorite beans)
- 8 oz any fresh green
- Romano or Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
- Heat oil and add garlic.
- Cook for a minute over low heat.
- Add everything but greens and cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cook until pasta is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add fresh greens.
- Stir until just wilted.
- Pour over pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese.