Weekend of Fire Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder, optional
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Mix meatloaf ingredients together well and shape into 2 freeform loaves on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl and cover loaves evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until cooked through (160°).
- Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serves 4-6.