Sunday Pot Roast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4-5 pound beef rump roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and rub into roast.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 5-7 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat; brown meat on all sides.
- Add onions and garlic, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, herbes de Provence, broth and wine.
- Cover tightly and simmer 4-5 hours, until meat is fork tender.
- Serves 8.