Grilled Provolone and Ham Panini
- 8 slices bread of your choice: Ciabatta, French Roll, Sourdough, or Focaccia
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 large tomato, sliced into quarters
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat on grill pan on high heat.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich bread with olive oil. Put a slice on the grill and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with a tablespoon of tomato pesto, followed by 2 slices cheese, 2 slices ham, 1/2 cup arugula, and a tomato slice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place a second slice of bread on top and press down with a spatula for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn sandwich over and season bread with salt and pepper. Press down again with spatula for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Repeat for additional sandwiches.