Italian Meat Loaf with Balsamic Glaze
- 3/4 pound ground beef chuck
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon prepared balsamic glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11x7-inch shallow baking dish with foil.
- Combine all ingredients, except balsamic glaze, in a large bowl and mix gently, but thoroughly with your hands.
- Form the mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160° when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Remove from oven and spread top with balsamic glaze, if using.
- Return meat loaf to oven for 3-5 minutes to set glaze.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serves 4-6.