- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 strips lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
- Heat milk, water, sugar, lemon zest, salt and vanilla to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice, reduce heat to lowest temperature and cover.
- Simmer covered until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. DO NOT LET MIXTURE BOIL OVER.
- When cooked and liquid is absorbed, add the raisins and almonds.
- Cool to room temperature and serve.
- Optional serving idea:
- Press hot rice mixture into a springform pan or 9 inch ring mold.
- Chill thoroughly and unmold. Garnish with mandarin oranges, if desired; slice to serve.