Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Coarse bakers’ sugar for tops, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to mix.
- Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove muffins from pan and cool completely.
- Makes 12.