Vanilla Cream Pound Cake
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 12 cup tube or bundt pan. Remove butter, eggs and cream from refrigerator 45 minutes before mixing batter.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly and scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
- Add flour alternately with whipping cream, mixing well.
- Beat until batter is very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, mix well. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1.25-1.5 hours, until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and transfer cake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serves 12.