Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease baking sheets or line with parchment.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to mix.
- Gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in oats and pecans.
- Scoop mixture into 1 1/2 -inch balls, placing 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until light golden brown. Transfer from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Makes 4-5 dozen cookies.