Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Roll batter into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball twice with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet 2 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.