Chocolate Espresso Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder, divided use
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder and melted butter; mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder, vanilla and egg; blend well. Pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until center is just set.
- Cool completely, cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Makes 16 bars.