Fresh Nectarine Cake
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 large ripe nectarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425º with rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter an 8-inch round glass or ceramic baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Cut nectarine in half and discard pit.
- Thinly slice nectarine and arrange half over bottom of dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Whisk in milk.
- Whisk in flour, baking powder and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter over nectarine slices.
- Arrange remaining slices on top like spokes of a wheel.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over top and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake until top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean, 23-25 minutes.
- Serve warm, cut into wedges.
- Serves 6.