- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3-4 baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lay pie crust flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine apples, sugars, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon apple mixture evenly onto the center of the crust, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border of dough around the edge.
- Fold the edge over the apples, pleating the dough to create a rustic rim around the crostata (apples will not be completely covered with dough).
- Dot exposed apples with butter.
- Brush the crust edge with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until light golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serves 6-8.