7-UP Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup 7-UP, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a Bundt pan well.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour, beating until well incorporated; then add lemon extract and 7-UP.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 75 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean when inserted in middle of the cake.
- Cool cake 5-10 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
- Serves 12.