Crustless Cream Cheese Quiche
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in the eggs two at a time, scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula occasionally.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Stir in shredded cheese, bacon, scallions, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and bake 40-45 minutes, until set.
- Serves 4-6.
Tip: Substitute 1/2 cup chopped, cooked ham or sausage or 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts or roasted red peppers for the bacon.