- 12-14 baguette slices, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Brush baguette slices lightly with olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until bread just begins to turn golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- Set crostini aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, vinegar and garlic.
- Add basil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine.
- Serve tomato mixture on top of crostini.
- Serves 6.