- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream the butter and stir in the Parmesan, paprika, cayenne pepper, egg yolk and salt. Mix well.
- By hand, mix in the flour to make a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then flatten with the palm of the hand to 2-inch rounds.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350° until the edges are beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Keep in an airtight container, or freeze.
- Makes approximately 30.