Cheddar Pecan Wafers
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cheese and butter in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces, roll each piece into a 1-inch diameter log and wrap tightly in wax paper.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice each log into 1/4-inch coins with a sharp knife and arrange 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before transferring to paper towel lined rack to cool completely.
- Store wafers in an airtight container up to 4 days.
- Makes 48 wafers.
Tip: Use medium, sharp or extra-sharp cheddar in this recipe.