- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Alligator meat, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-1/2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, sear the alligator meat.
- Add the onions, green onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the herbs and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and stock.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 20 minutes or until the
alligator meat is tender.
- Stir in the butter and serve over rice, garnished with chopped green onions.
- Serves 4.